Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year 2009! ( A guid New Year to ane and a')

A guid new year to ane an' a' An' mony may ye see,
An' during a' the years to come,
O happy may ye be.An' may ye ne'er hae cause to mourn,
To sigh or shed a tear;
To ane an'a baith great an' sma'
A hearty guid New year.
This is a Scottish Greeting to welcome in the New Year.

One of my bipeds is Scottish and I am Welsh by birth and my Male bidped is English and apparently the Scots have the lead in this area so I donned a tartan cap and scarf...............



to accompany my dark haired male biped ( dark and good looking is a requesite in this activity!) to FIRST FOOT.
This involves going for a walk just after midnight and arriving at the front door with a piece of coal or wood (we have a wood burner so I was in charge of the wood which I regularly collect on outings), something to eat and a bottle of liquor. We knocked on the door of our home and were welcomed with enthusiasm.


I promptly devoured the food (not sure if that was the correct etiquette but it was very good!) and the bipeds drank from glasses - I was offered water.............great!
I wish everyone a good 2009 and hope it is as good as today, which was brilliant - good food, good walk, met great friends, had some good exercise and felt loved by my bipeds and gave lots of love back.

No comments: